Human Dignity is a topic that can be taken a number of ways. It is also a topic that I must admit I haven't given much thought before this class. I am really looking forward to exploring the many ways that it can be interpreted and hearing what others have to say on the subject.
To me, human dignity is made up of several things, such as respect both to oneself and others, having reason, honesty, and reliability. While thinking about things like this, I wonder, is human dignity something that can be measured, or really determined on any kind of scale, or is it something that everyone has their own perception of. I feel that by taking part in this honors course I will come out with a much better understanding of this topic. It will also be interesting to realize how much this term of "human dignity" is thrown around in our society, and compare that to what it really means.
No comments:
Post a Comment